Tuesday, January 31

Counter Inspiration

You've heard me complain about our counters before. One section had a clear coat put on it, which had made the counter super gross. (Although why anyone would be so set on protecting a laminate counter top, I don't know).
Anyway, in a perfect world, we would replace the countertops, but y'know, since we don't have any extra money, we'll keep them as it.

However, I am considering using that Rustoleum Countertop Transfprmation kit. My mom saw an ad for it in her Good Housekeeping (I think), and tore it out for me. It's a paint that's made to transform your countertops to look similar to granite. It's also significantly cheaper.
I haven't purchased it yet, but I will let you know when I do!

On the other hand, if we did have super monies, I would totally upgrade. I've always had a serious crush on butcher block countertops (especially with bright white cabinets). I always thought I'd go butcher block, but apparently there's other options too (although I'd be alllll over butcher block in our bathroom).

Of course, now I'm also in love with Corian countertops, which I've really recently learned about via YoungHouseLove and their ongoing kitchen renovations.
Looks great, right? But if we really had monies? Like lottery monies? I would die, and then totally add in counter tops like the ones debuted on PureWow this week. I had no idea this was even an option, but apparently, the new thing is to use recycled glass in your counter tops. I know, I know; I die. I had no idea this was even an option. (All photos from PureWow - they also tell you where to get these countertops).
That blue counter is made from recycled Vodka bottles.
WANT!
Recycled glass blacksplash?! Bubble tile?!!

Ahhh! I can't even stand how amazing it is. Color me jelly on this one. But hey, maybe once I get off my butt on paint my counter tops, I might be happier with them.

Anybody else thinking counters lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment